||Agapé UK National HQ, Birmingham
|Hours of work:
||20 (9am - 1pm, five days a week)
||12.5 days plus Bank Holidays
||£8,200 per annum
|Works closely with:
|Purpose of the role:|| ||To be the first point of contact with Agapé for telephone and personal callers, and to assist in the smooth running of the National HQ.|
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide friendly welcome to all office visitors;
- Respond to and deal with all incoming enquiries to the office via phone, post and email.
- Open the incoming mail, date stamp and put in relevant pigeon holes;
- Handling of outgoing post/parcels, ensuring the post is posted every day;
- Manage HQ bookings of rooms and car parking;
- Maintain staff address lists, phone system, short codes and listings;
- Keep front desk documents (sign-in sheets/office rotas/staff birthdays etc) and the Agapé Wiki up-to-date;
- Collate and send out monthly staff mailing (by post or electronically as appropriate);
- Print newsletters and staff supporter labels as requested;
- Order office stationery, ensuring that there are adequate supplies available;
- Book train tickets & flights as required;
- General administration and other duties as required;
- Record new staff support as standing orders and donations;
- Process new standing orders and manage existing ones as necessary. Ensure forms are sent to the bank;
- Produce manual acknowledgments for standing orders;
- Process the web donations, daily income (cheques/cash/vouchers) and send out thank you letters, cards and emails as necessary;
- Manage gift-aid declarations and file in an accurate and timely manner;
- Take bookshop enquiries over the phone and process orders (including taking credit card payments);
- Keep the database up-to-date:
- Update details for existing supporters (address/email/add to groups/standing order notifications;
- Add new supporters.
- Ensure the photocopier and the franking machine are well maintained and working. Work with supplier when there are faults;
- Maintain general tidiness of the ground floor;
- Ensure there are sufficient office provisions and supplies (for kitchens/bathrooms) and manage milk orders;
- Provide office induction training for new staff when required;
- Test Fire Alarm weekly.
- Participate fully in Staff Development Cycle;
- Attend and fulfill responsibilities at staff conferences as required;
- Participate in team meetings and activities, office prayer and Bible study times;
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
In accordance with Agapé’s Justifiability and Diversity policies, this post has been identified as having an Occupational Requirement for the successful candidate to be a Christian supporting the aims and ethos of the organisation. Further details available on request.
You are a person who has a heart for God and for seeing His Great Commission fulfilled. You eagerly desire to serve others. As a disciple of Christ, you have a teachable spirit. You have a desire to continue growing in your relationship with Christ and see working with Agapé as part of that.
Two of your key skills are communication and efficiency. Your warm, friendly but professional manner will be evident as you interact with telephone and personal callers, whether they are staff, supporters or visitors. You have a good standard of written English and are clear and confident in your communication on all levels.
You will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and be comfortable in using its various functions. You probably already have experience of an office environment. You are not fazed by office equipment, or less experienced staff that need help using it from time to time.
Your ability to prioritise work and cope with both busy and occasional quiet periods is an important characteristic. You maintain your peace, calm and efficiency during the peak times of activity in the office, but also possess the self-motivation when the office is emptier. Your attention to detail is essential and is well proven.
As part of a multi-functional team you will be able to help in other areas of the Operations team, for example during the run up to staff conferences and preparation for summer projects. Your flexibility will be an essential contribution to our team.
You may have been involved with Agapé, or be aware of some of the ministries we are involved in. You are certainly aware of other Christian ministries through your active involvement in your own local church.
You enjoy being a team player and we’re looking forward to working with you as you accomplish this vital role.
The application deadline is 10th September 2018. Please contact us below to request an application pack.