| ||Hours of work:
||40 hours per week
| ||Holiday entitlement:
||25 days plus Bank Holidays
||£18,500, option to supplement salary by raising personal support
| ||Reports to:
National Communications Director
| ||Works closely with:
||Communications Director, Communications Team, Fund Development Director, Ministry Directors, broader staff
Purpose of the role:
The Communications Manager plays an integral role in the national communications team, helping Agapé communicate our vision to the wider world. This role requires a combination of creativity, great communication skills and organisation, a willingness to learn and adapt, and the ability to effectively manage a variety of process and information. This person would be someone that we could see growing in leadership and so we would want to invest in their ongoing development, both in terms of professional training in key areas and practical skills, and in offering opportunities to get involved in wider Agapé ministry experiences. This person would work very closely with the National Communications Director, entrusted with a great deal of responsibility for maintaining Agapé’s day to day communications.
- Building and managing our primary websites using Wordpress
- Project managing a variety of creative projects with multiple stake-holders (projects include magazines, resources, etc.)
- Liaising with other communication team members, senior leaders, other operational staff and outside consultants (designers and mailing house)
- Contributing your ideas and insight to the creative development of a variety of communications projects, including our magazine
- Writing and editing content for the web and other external and internal communications
- Overseeing the data management and mailing process for key mailings
- Responding to queries on behalf of the organisation
- Working with a diverse team, several of whom work remotely
- Implementing and maintaining house style
Key skills and characteristics required:
Maintain a vibrant personal walk with God (including regular retreat days).
- A commitment to Agapé’s mission and your part in it
- Efficiency, reliability and flexibility
- A willingness to learn and to be stretched
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detail oriented, but with an eye to the big picture
- High level of computer literacy – competency with Microsoft Office, WordPress (not essential, but preferred), experience with maintaining databases (not essential but preferred), social media
- An eye for good design – advanced technical skills are not a requirement, but being able to see what works visually and how it aligns with our house style is important.
- Ability to plan, schedule and act independently, and to project manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Work well collaboratively and with a team
- Initiative-taker/ creative problem solver
An aptitude for these areas is most important – we are willing to train the right person in specific tactical skills (like Wordpress and systems management).
- Participate fully in the Staff Development Cycle
- Attend and fulfil responsibilities at staff conferences as required
- Personal support maintenance
- Participate in all team meetings and activities
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
In accordance with Agapé’s Justifiability and Diversity policies, this post has been identified as having an Occupational Requirement for the successful candidate to be a Christian supporting the aims and ethos of the organisation. Further details available on request.
Application deadline: 13 April 2018