||Agapé UK National HQ, Birmingham
|Normal hours of work:
||25 days plus Bank Holidays
||£15,600 per annum
||Senior Assistant Accountant/Finance Director
|Also works closely with:
||Finance Team, other Operations team members, HR Director, Agapé field staff|
- Minimum: 3 A-Levels or equivalent
- Desirable: Part Qualified Accountant
Previous experience in a similar role coupled with an understanding of the workings of a finance department is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- A good understanding of computerised accounting packages and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to communicate at various levels of leadership both within & outside the organisation.
Working within an established small finance team to support the Finance Director and Agapé Ministries in the preparation, maintenance, recording and reporting of all financial information.
Agapé has a small but busy finance department and you will be involved in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of this team including:
Full training will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Processing purchase invoices accurately
- Paying bills in a timely manner
- Processing staff reimbursements
- Bank reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices and ensuring they are recorded accurately
- Managing and reporting on company credit card spend
- Taking responsibility for ensuring donations are correctly allocated as designated by the donor
- Reconciliation of Agapé’s monthly donations
- Producing monthly staff reports
- Managing company mobile phone spend
- Any other tasks as required
Other Core Activities:
- Developing a multiplying personal ministry through regular weekly involvement in evangelism and discipleship among the community either alongside the Birmingham Student Life team on campus, through the city business ministry or within the neighbourhood and local church.
- Participate in team life and take on a specific team roles or responsibilities as required.
- Attend staff conferences and contribute by taking on a specific role or responsibility as necessary.
- Participate fully in the Staff Development Cycle
More than just a job?
We see in Acts 6:1-8 how the leaders of the early church appointed seven men in order to prevent the Apostles from being distracted from their primary purpose of preaching and teaching the word to those who hadn’t yet heard about Jesus. These seven were vital to the mission, taking responsibility for the welfare of those within the church. In any modern organisation like Agapé people like these are still as vital to the mission as are the front line evangelists working in universities, the workplace or the community.
Agapé is working in seven regional centres around the UK, speaking daily with students about the person of Jesus Christ. We have teams working with business and professionals, helping couples glorify God through their marriages, reaching out to refugees and providing resources for local churches. In order to resource these teams and provide the technical and administrative backup, we need a team of professionals working within our Operations and HR teams releasing other staff and volunteers to proclaim the gospel just like the early church.
We are looking for people to help serve God with us in Agapé who want to be involved in seeing others come to know Jesus and have specific professional skills.
We are committed to the personal development of our staff, both spiritually and professionally, and the successful candidates will take part in a two-year ministry training curriculum getting opportunities for ministry experience outside of the office either on campus or in the workplace/community.
You may have been involved with Agapé, or be aware of some of the ministries we are involved in. You are certainly aware of other Christian ministries through your active involvement in your own local church.
You enjoy being a team player and we’re looking forward to working with you as you accomplish this vital role. In accordance with Agapé’s Justifiability and Diversity policies, this post has been identified as having an Occupational Requirement for the successful candidate to be a Christian supporting the aims and ethos of the organisation. Further details available on request.
The application deadline is 13th June 2017.